Thursday, August 27, 2009

Neil is a helper

So I'm working at the school book fair after school. The boys -- mine and their friend Travis -- are working on homework in a corner.

Within five minutes, Travis comes over and tells me he has finished all his homework. Now, Travis had a lot of work. The week's homework plus the work he missed in class yesterday when he was out. I'm pretty sure he hasn't finished his homework.

"Let me see it," I say and walk over to where they were working.

Neil sees me coming and proudly jumps up and shows me the pages he finished for Travis, "I did the squirrel pages!"

Great.

Today's life lesson is about cheating.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That's funny, because I've been perplexed all afternoon about cheaters. (newspaper plagiarism/lack of corrections) Is it just me, or do more grownups seem to think it's OK these days??

Tim Haddock, author-editor-storyteller said...

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.
-- Jim Rome